Consider Virtual Workers for Increased Productivity and Cost Savings
Digital marketing and creative agencies have been using remote workers for years because many tasks can be done independently such as writing blog posts and articles, handling social media, creating graphics and other design elements and developing websites. As long as deliverables are met by the established deadlines, using remote workers can be a win-win for both sides.
Our 2016 Marketing Hiring Trends report uncovered a significant rise in acceptability of hiring remote workers. In fact, 70 percent of respondents said they would hire virtual talent if they had the necessary skills for the job or project. These marketing hiring managers work in fields as diverse as marketing and communications, IT, business services and the media.
If you work at a company that has been considering using remote workers for a marketing or creative project, or if you have been considering working remotely, read on to find out how this could be one of the best decisions you’ll ever make.
Why Companies Should Use Virtual Workers for Marketing and Creative Roles
- Cost savings on overhead for office space, furniture and utilities
- Access to talent regardless of geographical location
- Higher employee morale and less sick time or call outs
- Easier to recruit and retain employees interested in this benefit
- Lower environmental impact: less wasted fuel by those stuck in traffic and less use of utilities and resources
- Happier employees are more productive
- Can hold meetings virtually via Skype, Join.Me, Uber Conference
Once the decision has been made for someone to work virtually, set ground rules, clearly communicate expectations and check in at set intervals. These tips will ensure success!