Marketing Trends

Negative Online Reviews Can Be Positive for Business

October 13, 2009 |

I recently stumbled on an interesting article about the effects of online customer reviews.  Internet shoppers rank reviews as the most desired feature of a Web site, according to a recent survey by Forrester Research. 1 It goes without saying that positive reviews on a product/service/company can have a tremendous […] Continue reading

Tags

Google Wave – A Glimpse into the Future of Online Communication

October 08, 2009 |

If you were like most, you weren’t one of the lucky 100,000 people selected to test Google Wave.  From what I have read so far, it looks like an intriguing tool that could potentially change the way we communicate online.  Seems Google is attempting to incorporate some very cool wiki-style […] Continue reading

Tags , , ,

The Changing Landscape of Online Search: What the Microsoft-Yahoo Deal Means for SEO

September 24, 2009 |

The recent bid to purchase  Yahoo by Microsoft could result in a 28% combined share of online searches.  As such, this would be the first major threat/competition to Google’s reign of online search domination.  In order to adapt, many companies may have to utilize old tactics, to generate effective search […] Continue reading

Tags ,

Pen and Paper: A New Sales Approach

September 18, 2009 |

I recently read Seth Godin’s (author of new book, Tribes) blog post about the “modern talking pad.” He talks about approaching a sales meeting from a different angle.  Instead of putting up a PowerPoint presentation on a white board, he goes into a sales meeting with printed copies of the […] Continue reading

Tags

New Trends in Marketing Budgets

September 16, 2009 |

A new study by StrongMail Systems, Inc. finds that 85% of business executives are hopeful about the future economic state and plan to either maintain or increase the remaining marketing budgets for 2009. Only 15% of the 979 business executives polled expect to see a decrease in sales in the […] Continue reading

Tags ,

In a Recession, Retention Marketing Should Become Acquisition Marketing

July 24, 2009 |

With today’s economy creating a difficult environment for winning new clients, small businesses are focusing on retaining the customers they already have. The Wall Street Journal recently covered the growing trend of small companies focusing attention on retention marketing tactics over attracting additional business.  According to the article, “some companies […] Continue reading

Tags

With Email Marketing on the Rise, it is Important to Spend Wisely

June 23, 2009 |

According to a forecast from Forrester Research, spending on email marketing in the U.S. will grow by 14 percent each year for the next five years, reaching a total of $2 billion in 2014. Falling cost per thousands (known as CPMs, or the amount an advertiser will pay per 1000 […] Continue reading

Tags ,

Allocating Your Marketing Resources: 6 Ways To Reduce Your Marketing Spending

June 17, 2009 |

Marketing during a recession can be extremely fruitful if you have the time and resources to do it.  It has been proven throughout history that companies who continue to spend marketing dollars during a recession come out on top when the economy begins to stabilize.  However, some marketing folks are […] Continue reading

Tags , ,

Top Marketing Resources for Industry Trends and News

June 10, 2009 |

Every Friday morning at 10:30 Kelly and I get together for our weekly SEO/Social Media huddle. We review our Google Analytics reports, update our social media calendar, discuss upcoming blogging topics, and adapt our social media strategy depending on current news. The conversation often times swings off topic, with an […] Continue reading

Tags

TV May Be Powerful, But Online Video May Soon Be Historically Influential

June 03, 2009 |

The New York Times recently published an interesting article on the effectiveness of television advertising during a time when network television narrative audiences are growing smaller and smaller, while the price of advertising remains remarkably buoyant. “At a time of ever-atomizing audiences, broadcast television’s slice may be smaller, but it […] Continue reading

Tags ,