CRM Implementation Specialist
A medium-sized company providing online marketing software for the restaurant industry was in the beginning stages of implementing a new CRM solution for their customers when they decided to reach out to McKinley Marketing Partners (McKinley). The client needed McKinley to provide a product marketer who could effectively work with a technical team to develop the CRM product and sell it to customers. McKinley quickly identified a candidate who had previous experience marketing and developing software as a service (SaaS) products.
- The client needed a marketing strategy to implement and sell the new CRM serving a customer base of over 45,000 merchants.
- On their own, the client was unable to identify a qualified candidate with third-party marketing and database experience to lead the project.
- The marketing consultant was responsible for the design, analysis, implementation and launch of the CRM platform.
- He developed a marketing and sales strategy and operational plan that included initial use cases, sales collateral, business rules and user interface design.
- He led initial analysis on the 360-view of the customer and RFM segmentation (method for analyzing customer value).
- He drafted vendor and customer legal agreements and provided product budgeting and revenue models.
The client achieved a seamless CRM product launch that was successfully sold to their customers. The consultant produced documented use cases and quantitative evidence to craft a value proposition for the CRM and how it can drive $3 of new revenue for every $1 spent. The marketing consultant’s efforts resulted in $500,000 of revenue from the first customer in less than three months.