Checklist: How to Conduct an Effective Video Interview
Today, using video technology to interview candidates is not only a “nice to have,” for many organizations, it’s become essential.
There are several compelling reasons to utilize video conferencing technology to conduct your next interview.
- Interview many candidates efficiently and quickly.
- Interview across locations and time zones.
- With technology and software available, it’s easier than ever.
- Access remote candidates, candidates who are open to relocation, and candidates that have disabilities that make it difficult to come in for an in-person interview.
- Save money by avoiding travel expenses.
But the process of actually conducting a video interview is not always simple. There’s an art to communicating well over video. And for some, the technology challenges can feel overwhelming. To help you feel confident as a hiring manager conducting a video interview, we’ve created a handy downloadable checklist. Walking through the video interview checklist will help you ensure your video interviews are smooth and successful.
This checklist includes:
- Benefits of video interviewing
- A plan to make sure your technology is ready on interview day
- Tips for preparing your candidate for a video interview
- How to convey warmth and connection on camera