Brand Marketing Manager
A hospitality company contacted McKinley Marketing Partners in need of a strategic brand marketing manager with writing and project management skills to support 12 of their hotel brands. McKinley provided a marketing consultant with over ten years of experience in the business-to-consumer segment.
- The client’s brand marketing team did not have a director to manage the marketing activities for their sleep and extended stay brands.
- The team lacked a specialist to oversee multiple projects including budget management and marketing analytics that affected all hotel brands.
- The client did not have a marketing plan for two of the extended stay brands and needed a creative and innovative marketing campaign targeted to customers in that segment.
MARKETING CONSULTANT SOLUTIONS
- For the extended stay brands, the brand marketing manager developed an online marketing campaign to drive brand awareness and increase bookings.
- She analyzed the program-to-date activity for the software tool that provides customized marketing materials to all the hotels. From her analysis, she developed a comprehensive report for the tool which identified trends, noted opportunities and established a template for a monthly snapshot analysis.
- She redesigned the website home page for four additional brands to improve brand and corporate alignment.
- She managed cross-brand marketing activity and provided content for monthly brand bulletins. She created a master document detailing the step-by-step production of such activity.
The client’s brand marketing team increased productivity and completed ongoing maintenance tasks. Task maintenance was streamlined and fully documented with all marketing materials now easily accessible to the entire marketing group.
The brand team now has a fully developed marketing plan for the extended stay brands that will guide Web activity for the year, as well as chart the course for next year’s marketing campaign to expand beyond the agency’s online efforts and incorporate more demographically targeted initiatives. The hotel brands are also on their way to being revamped from a consumer perspective in order to compete more effectively in their segment of the hotel industry.