Mobile Marketing Manager
A leading daily newspaper company was developing a new iPad application designed to engage new users to the client’s brand during the election primaries season. While marketing to existing brand enthusiasts was important, the client wanted to expand their reach into the new iPad user community via digital display/mobile ad networks, so they needed the expertise of a mobile marketing manager.
The client called McKinley Marketing Partners for a digital marketing consultant that had launched multiple campaigns around new products to develop a marketing strategy for the product launch. The marketing consultant would need to coordinate with an outside agency, maintain budget responsibility and work cross-departmentally.
McKinley placed a consultant as a mobile marketing manager with channel development, digital marketing and product marketing experience on the three-month project.
With an extensive digital/mobile marketing background, the consultant immediately made an impact through achieving such results:
- Negotiated with more than 10 mobile ad networks, reducing digital display costs down by an average of 65 percent
- Broadened blog and tech reviews across the web for deeper brand awareness
- Achieved #1 ranking in the client’s iPad app category
- Acquired over 10,000 new iPad users to the app directly and over 100,000 indirectly
- Reduced cost per acquisition from $6 to below $3 per install
In the end, the client benefited from a new base of users to the iPad app, achieved a #1 ranking in category, and approached a cost per acquisition below $3 per install.