Here at McKinley Marketing Partners, our recruiting team works hard to identify candidates with the requisite skills and experience, as well as look for those individuals who will fit in with the culture of an organization, which ensures a higher satisfaction rate for both parties.
We keep all of this in mind as we look to uncover promising candidates. If we reach out to you it’s because we think you might be a good fit for one of our current opportunities, and some are not even posted on job boards. Even if you’re not actively searching for a job we may spike your interest in something new and the opportunities for the future are numerous. You never know. Therefore, it helps to have an open mind when speaking with us or any recruiter at staffing company.
Here are some tips for getting the most out of your interaction with recruiters at staffing firms:
- Be honest about gaps in work history. We’ve seen and heard it all.
- Don’t be afraid to tell us how much money you currently make or how much you want to make. Explain why you are worth more money. Or, if you are willing to take a pay cut it would be helpful to know the reasons behind it so we can express that to the client.
- Your resume and LinkedIn profile are calling cards to get us to interact with you. Once we connect in an actual conversation it’s your time to shine. Elaborate on the information on your resume and in your profile to paint a full picture of your skills and experience.
- It’s best not to exaggerate your job titles or skills as these things can be verified in an employment check. We’ve seen it both ways – amped up or dumbed down. The same goes for your education (degrees, years, GPA and institution).
- If you are applying for multiple jobs and having a dialogue with other recruiters, please let us know. It won’t hurt your chances for working with us but it gives us a heads up, and we will respect you for that.
- Let us know as soon as you accept a job offer elsewhere so we can withdraw your application from consideration.
By following these tips, you will be able to make the most of your relationship with recruiters. If you are looking for new opportunity in marketing or creative services, check out our current list of job openings and create a profile today.
As a Recruiting Coordinator for McKinley Marketing Partners, Audrey O’Clair sources and finds the best marketers for McKinley’s clients. As a marketer herself, she enjoys getting to know the talented professionals who work with McKinley while keeping up with industry trends.